Industrial diamond powder has the characteristics of high thermal stability, high chemical stability, good electrical conductivity, good physical properties (high compressive strength, good heat dissipation, strong corrosion resistance, low thermal expansion rate) etc.
High hardness, good wear resistance, can be widely used in cutting, grinding, drilling.
Diamond abrasive powder has high thermal conductivity and good electrical insulation, can be used as a heat sink for semiconductor devices, has excellent light transmission and corrosion resistance, and is widely used in the electronics industry.
||Grit Size Range
p/ (g/ cm^3）
||60/70 ~ 325/400
||1.35 ~ 1.70
||Resin & Vitrified bond
||50/60 ~ 325/400
||Mteal bond & electroplated bond
||16/18 ~ 60/70
||Sawin, drilling and dressing tools
||16/18 ~ 40/45
||Dressing or other single grain tools
1. Physical Property Data
Density: (g/mL at 25°C)：3.5
2. Molecular Structure Data
The chemical composition of diamond is C, and graphite is the same as carbon homogenous polymorphic variant. In the mineral chemical composition, it always contains Si, Mg, Al, Ca, Mn, Ni and other elements, and often contains Na, B, Cu, Fe, Co, Cr, Ti, N and other impurities, as well as carbohydrates.
The crystal structure of diamond minerals belongs to the tetrahedral structure of isoaxial crystal system. Carbon atoms are located at the corner apex and center of tetrahedron, which has high symmetry. The carbon atoms in the unit cell are connected by homopolar bonds at a distance of 154pm. Common crystal shapes are octahedron, rhomboid dodecahedron, cube, tetrahedron and hexahedron, etc.
3. Prperties and Stability
- Diamond crystal film is a kind of artificial synthesis of new functional material, it is composed of micro crystal diamond, high hardness, low friction, high heat conductivity (5 times) for copper, low expansion coefficient, high thermal shock resistance, good corrosion resistance, good electrical insulating strength, wide band, high transmittance and high electron refractive index composite performance. This product is non-toxic.
- The color of diamond depends on the degree of purity, the type and content of impurity elements contained in it. Extremely pure diamond is colorless, generally showing different degrees of yellow, brown, gray, green, blue, milky white and purple, etc. Translucent or opaque with impurities; Under the cathode ray, X ray and ultraviolet ray, it will emit different green, sky blue, purple, yellow-green and other colors of fluorescence; In the sun after exposure to dark room hair light blue phosphorescence; Adamantine luster, a few greasy or metallic luster, with a high refractive index, generally 2.40-2.48.
- Diamond chemical properties are stable, with acid and alkali resistance, high temperature does not interact with concentrated HF, HCl, HNO3, only in the molten body of Na2CO3, NaNO3, KNO3, or boil with the mixture of K2Cr2O7 and H2SO4, the surface will be slightly oxidized; Corrosion in O, CO, CO2, H, Cl, H2O, CH4 high temperature gas.
- Diamond for geological drill and petroleum drill, diamond for drawing die, diamond for abrasives, diamond for dresser, diamond for glass cutter, diamond for hardness gauge indenter, diamond for arts and crafts.
- Diamond is used to form diamond film on metal, plastic, glass and other materials. Such as semiconductor and semiconductor devices heat sink resistance, electrical insulation layer.
- Processing Glass, PCD/PCBN, Dental tools and Stone polishing tools
- Machining nonferrous materials like tungsten carbide, glass and different kinds of ceramics
- Stone processing, construction industry, for sawing, grinding and drilling of stone, asphalt and concrete..
Advantages of Diamond Powder
- High thermal and chemical stability
- High compressive strength, good heat dissipation, strong corrosion resistance, low thermal expansion rate.
- High hardness and good wear resistance
- High thermal conductivity and good electrical insulation
- Excellent light transmission