Diamond/CBN Sanding Belts Description
Electroplated Bond Diamond Abrasive Belts
Specification: Width: 5~350mm, Length: 150mm~5000mm
Application: Suitable for grinding and polishing the complex shapes of hard and brittle materials, such as stone, glass, ceramic, monocrystalline silicon, multi-gold silicon, synthetic materials, hard alloys, aluminum alloys, etc.
Diamond particles are bonded on the required coated pattern by nickel plating, which forms a sharp abrasive layer with very strong grinding force.
Resin Bond Diamond Abrasive Belts
Descriptions: High-efficiency electroplated diamond abrasive belt for surface polishing.
Specification：Width: 5~350mm, Length: 150mm~5000mm, Grit:40#~5000#
Application: Used for grinding and polishing glass, stone, ceramic, hard alloy material and other hard hard materials. With longer lifetime and sharper abrasive compare with traditional abrasive belt.
Resin bond belts divided into flexible and hard resin, according to the degree of hardness.
The flexible resin has good softness and flexible coating pattern, can better fit the surface of the workpiece, and has better polishing performance. Because the resin is soft, wears quickly, and has poor temperature resistance, it is not suitable to make coarse-grained abrasive belts. The flexible resin abrasive belt must be wet grinding, which also limits the application under certain conditions.
Resin diamond belts are mainly used in grinding and polishing hard materials. Continuous layer of resin, diamond is all the way through the resin.
Differences between Electroplated Bond and Resin Bond:
● The grinding units of the belt's surface are different, electroplated belt is small dot pattern, resin diamond belt is rectangle pattern.
● The electroplated belt is more aggressive and sharp than resin diamond belt, but the resin diamond belt is more durable than electroplated belt.
● With same grit grade, resin belt have more better polishing effect on surface roughness than electroplated belt.
● The costs of resin belts is more expensive than electroplated belts.
● Grinding Force: Electroplated bond > Resin bond, Hard resin > Flexible resin
Dry or wet grinding options:
●Electroplated diamond belt:
Due to the good thermal conductivity of the metal bond, the grinding heat is quickly transferred to the substrate. If heavy duty grinding without proper cooling can easily cause the strip to peel or break. Wet grinding is generally recommended.
●Resin diamond belt:
The resin bond has poor thermal conductivity, and the overall heat resistance will be better. More suitable for dry grinding use, but also wet grinding use.
CBN Sanding Belts
Grit Range: CBN 40# ~ 5000#
Specification：Width: 5~350mm, Length:150mm ~ 5000mm
Application:Suitable for grinding and polishing the workpieces with complex shapes of hard and flexible materials in the field of mechanical engineering, such as iron-based alloys, titanium alloys, stainless steels, high-temperature alloys(Nickel-based & Cobalt-based alloys).
● Specially developed by using new technology with high quality artificial diamond
● Has the dual advantages of softness of traditional abrasive and high hardness of diamond
● Be available in a wide range of belt backers and a wide variety of grit sizes
● Compared with traditional sanding belts, the characteristics of Diamond/CBN sanding belts are of high grinding efficiency, long working life, excellence smoothness, high cost-effective...Instruction Reference:
● Heavy Pressing of folding of diamond abrasive belts is prohibited,preventing damage to diamond abrasive belt abrasive layers structure
● When loading of diamond abrasive belt,make sure equipment is tightened and fastened before starting grinding or polishing,so as to prevent the diamond abrasive belt from falling off
● Hand touch diamond abrasive belt is forbidden when workingDiamond Sanding Belt for Thermal Spray Coating Industry
● Diamond belt grinding for the thermal spraying industry replaces diamond grinding wheels and film polishing.
● Diamond sanding belts complete the grinding and polishing process.
● It is widely used in the thermal spray industry, the production and repair of hydraulic cylinders and turbine blades.Diamond sanding belts
are mainly used for grinding and polishing the hard brittle materials, like glass, stone, ceramics, monocrystalline silicon, polycrystalline silicon, synthetic materials, cemented carbide, etc.CBN sanding belts
are mainly used for grinding and polishing iron-base alloys, titanium alloys, stainless steel, high-temperature alloys, etc.